Immunizations are an important and easy way to prevent many serious diseases that affect both children and adults.
The health department provides services to reduce the number of cases of diseases that are preventable with vaccines. These services include:
- Education and outreach to increase awareness of immunization recommendations and requirements.
- Computerized tracking to ensure children age 3 and under receive immunizations, preventative services, and remain in medical care.
- Childhood immunization services for residents 18 years of age or younger, who lack a primary medical provider or who are uninsured. Parents may call the health department to make an appointment for their children to receive the following childhood immunizations: hepatitis A and B, rotavirus, seasonal influenza, pneumococcal (PCV), polio (IPV), measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP), human papillomavirus (HPV), haemophilus influenza type b (Hib), and meningococcal vaccinations.
- The health department provides adults age 19 and older with tetanus, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, flu, pneumonia, hepatitis A and B and meningococcal vaccinations.
- Anyone who plans to travel overseas may contact the health department to receive the recommended immunizations, find out about other health precautions to take while traveling.
- Immunizations required as part of the immigration process are also available.
Maryland Back to School Immunization Requirements
See the charts below from the CDC on recommended immunizations based on age and other factors.
Who can get this service?
- Adult services are available to anyone 19 years and older.
- Youth services are available to anyone 18 years and under.
Where is this service provided?
How much does this service cost?
- Costs vary. Please call to ask about the costs of immunizations.
- Childhood immunizations are available at no charge if the child is uninsured.
Immunizations schedules for Persons Birth to 18 years.
Catch Up Schdule
Adult Schedule, by Vaccine and Age Group
Recommended Vaccinations for Indicated Adults based on Medical and Other
These services are provided by the Nursing Program.
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:36