The Prevention Services Team is divided into programs addressing the following health areas: Cancer screening, diagnosis, and treatment for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer; drug and alcohol prevention; tobacco control and cessation; chronic disease prevention focusing on diabetes; parent education; highway safety and Safe Routes to School Coordination, Combating Underage Drinking; HIV/AIDS prevention; and Domestic Violence prevention. Strategies include health promotion and education, trainings, after school programs, health screenings, resource materials, and community advocacy.
Prevention Program Services are available to community groups, youth groups, schools, churches, and worksites.
- Asset Building for Youth Training
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cancer Control/Screenings
- Child Safety Education Program
- Community Health Advocacy - Community members are invited to participate
- Diabetes Prevention and Education
- Healthy Lifestyles - Chronic Disease Prevention
- Highway Safety Program
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Injury Prevention
- Parenting Education
- High School Grads Play It Safe - Alcohol & Other DrugsPrevention
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) Training
Snow Hill Main Office
6040 Public Landing Rd
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Phone: 410-632-1100, ext. 4.
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., except Wednesdays - 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.