(Ocean Pines, MD)- The Worcester County Health Department (WCHD) is offering discounted TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) classes and certification to Worcester County alcohol-licensed establishments. TIPS training is shown to decrease an establishment’s chances of alcohol violation penalties, keep our community safer, and increase customer satisfaction.
Trainings are $45.00 per participant and the next training is scheduled from 1-5pm on Thursday, May 16, at the Ocean Pines Library (11107 Cathell Rd., Ocean Pines).
When you serve alcohol, please know the risks:
• Risk lawsuits if you over-serve.
• Risk lives if you serve a drunk driver.
• Risk your livelihood if you sell to a minor.
Participants will leave this responsible beverage sales training prepared to:
• Recognize the signs of intoxication.
• Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
• Intervene quickly and confidently in potential problem situations.
• Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol.
• Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems.
For more information or to register, please call Lois Twilley or Lynn Suarezapecheche at 410-632-0056.