Snow Hill, MD– The Worcester County Health Department will begin providing birth certificates curbside by appointment starting on Monday, May 3, 2021. You can schedule an appointment by calling the Vital Records Office at 410-632-4008.
A certified photocopy of the birth certificate (used for retirement purposes, passports, social services, school enrollment, and other legal reasons) can be obtained by completing the application for a copy or abstract of Certificate of Birth. This certificate is available at the Worcester County Health Department for $22 with a photo I.D. or you may also send the completed application and non-refundable fee of $10 (for each certificate requested) to the Division of Vital Records in Baltimore.
For same day service, applicant is required to present (one of the following):
- Current driver's license.
- Current ID card issued by the motor vehicle administration.
- Current U.S. issued passport.
- Prison photo ID if it has an issued date and expiration date.
- Current US military ID for service personnel (PX/Base privilege ID is not acceptable).
- Applicants unable to supply valid photo identification will not be able to receive the birth certificate the same day.
Customers can also provide a notarized statement authorizing them to obtain certificates for others. The one picking up the certificate MUST have valid photo identification.