Our priority is the promotion of health, well-being, and a safe environment for all community members. Our team provides plans and processes to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards in potential and actual health and medical situations that may affect Worcester County.
The Emergency Preparedness team serves as the primary agency responsible for coordinating emergency support functions as they relate to the protection of public health, the provision of medical care, and the dissemination of public health information necessary to strengthen community response before, during and after a public health incident.
- Plan development guidance.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and the Worcester County Health Department (WCHD) will provide updates as they become available.
Several publications are available to the public regarding avian influenza.
- Working Safely in Chicken Houses Brochure
- Avian influenza Interim Guidance
- Avian (Bird) Flu FAQs
- Guidance for persons exposed to avian influenza associated with waterfowl and other non commercial avian species
- The American Red Cross
- Department of Maryland State Police
- Atlantic General Hospital
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Maryland Office of Preparedness and Response
- Regional health departments
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Worcester County Agencies:
- Worcester County Emergency Services
- Worcester County Fire Marshall & HAZMAT
- Worcester County Sheriff’s Office
- Worcester County Board of Education,
- Volunteer Services
- Worcester County Public Works
- Worcester County Environmental Programs
- Worcester County Department of Social Services
- Ocean City Emergency Services
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Local nursing homes
- Local police agencies
- Virginia Eastern Shore Health District
- Delmarva Regional Healthcare Mutual Aid Group
- Delmarva Influenza Task Force
- Worcester County Special Needs Survey
- Family Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Centers for Disease Control
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Humane Society of the United States
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- World Health Organization